In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Boothbay Region Historical Society

Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club, 1910

Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
MMN Item 82176 Item Details
Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club, 1910
MMN Item 82176 Zoom

Description

This early 20th century photograph was taken at the Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club. The decorated boats and finely dressed people suggest that it may have been a holiday, such as July 4th.

The Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club was first incorporated in 1895, and then again in 1911. Originally the club rented space in the building, seen in this photograph, from Eliphalet Tibbetts. The building was constructed for Tibbetts in 1886 by George Corey.

Around 1960 the Yacht Club moved from this in-town location to the less congested West Boothbay Harbor, and the building Corey had constructed was converted to motel rooms. As of 2013, it is currently part of the Tugboat Inn.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.